Old 05-04-2011, 09:33 AM
gale

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
Originally Posted by gale
I don't prewash anymore because I buy some precuts like jelly rolls and layer cakes and those can't really be prewashed easily. I will sometimes wash though. For example I bought some yardage and then noticed the lady who cut it eating. My dd has severe food allergies so in order to reduce the risk of her having a reaction to the fabric somehow I will wash it.
Really?, someone was eating while they were cutting your fabric?? That's disgusting and very unprofessional. I know we all can't be 100% germ free, but that literally "takes the cake" in my mind.
Since we have to specifically watch out for that, I see it all the time. I was picking up a prescription for my daughter once and the people working in the pharmacy were eating candy bars. I brought it up and they didn't seem to think there was any problem with it. We buy our rabbit food at a certain feed store (only one that has it around here) and the cashier is almost always eating. I've seen people at Joann's have bags of chips or pretzels sitting behind the cutting desk and they reach in there in between cutting fabrics. This particular incident was at a quilt shop and they were eating chocolate covered peanuts (one of my dd's allergens) and they did offer me some (I didn't take it).