View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 10:56 AM
dachsysrgr8

Hi Everyone!

I'm Sylvia and I live in Virginia and just joined the forum today. I'm not married, but do have a wonderful BF of 17 years (we don't want to rush into anything :-) and besides if it ain't broke.....)

I've been quilting for about 5-6 years after participating in an international block swap in another group forum and I've been hooked ever since. I enjoy heirloom embroidery and really enjoy combining the two. In addition to quilting and embrodiery, I do crochet, hardanger, and even some cross-stitch. I'm always trying new mediums of stitching, but always come back to the basics!

My job was "eliminated" back in November and a few weeks later, the company I had worked for for over 30 years declared bankruptcy. I've had a rough few months, even though I was fortunate enough to get a contract job in January doing the same job for the same company as they wind down and I'm still looking for a permanent job as the contract will be over by April 15 (unless I can convince them, again, they need to extend it).

I didn't want to look at any of my projects and didn't even want to pick them up. Finally, late last month I pretty much forced myself to pick up one of my projects (with a friend's nagging) and started working on them again. Now I'm anxious to get these projects finished and on to the next! I'm also trying to get things cleaned up in the house that I kinda let slide, but I'm almost there! And now that the weather is slowly warming up, there's work to be done outside as well.

I'm working on a snowman quilt which was a Christmas present for my sister in 2007. I just have some hand quilting to do on it and have to attach the binding and it'll be done. I'm also working on a baby quilt for a friend's baby that was born in September. Again, just have to do the hand quilting to finish it up. And there are several projects stacked up after these! So I have my work cut out for me (no pun intended! :D )