View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 10:55 AM
Divokittysmom

I wanted to share the 2 Hanky Panky Quilts I created a few years ago. These hankies belonged to my mother and grandma. I felt that it was ok to cut these beauties up instead of leaving them in a drawer neatly folded. I created something that is now hanging for everyone to see how beautiful the hankies are. My Aunt was going to give me several of her gorgeous antique hankies until she found out I would cut them up.... oh well.... :(
I made one for my mother as a surprise and kept one for myself. Mine has a few things added that were from the dances my hubby and I went to in high school; the right corner rhinestone belt buckle and magenta ribbon running thru it were from 2 different dresses for dances we attended.
Every inch (except the border) was stitched by hand with 100wt silk thread. I loved this project so much because it was all stitched by hand.
I hope you enjoy them.

This is my quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]192771[/ATTACH]

My mothers quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]192772[/ATTACH]

close up of my quilt ~ I added silk ribbon embroidery with antique button in center that was my grandmothers.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]192777[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-192765.jpe   attachment-192766.jpe   attachment-192771.jpe