View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 11:06 AM
ArizonaQuilts1

Dear Brenda,

I can totally relate. I've made about 500 quilts and there are some of them that would scare wild cattle. Even tho I consider myself somewhat skilled, I still have days where I just want to scream. When that happens I unplug my iron and just back away from the machine. There's no better medicine for me.

Now if you're questioning your passion for quilting that may be another story. I think passionate quilters will often go to bed thinking about their next project and run over their stash in their heads a million times. They look at fabrics on line until their butts go numb. If you go to sleep thinking about quilting, wake up wanting to head for your sewing machine, and go nuts over all the wonderful fabrics out today, I would advise you to just take a little break and come back to it later.

My husband is also a quilter and he absolutely goes insane when he has trouble with a quilt. His method of shaking the cobwebs out is a little different than mine. This is what he does: When he decides that the project is no longer worth doing, he pulls out a kazoo, takes the project out in the garage, plays kazoo "taps" at the trashcan and gives the project a decent burial. Then he comes back in the house and says out loud "it never happened". From there he starts another project because he felt he brought closure to his last project in a respectful way and it's all behind him now. LOL!!!!

I guess the point is, we all have a different way of coping with a bad quilting experience.

Thanks for sharing your frustrations with us. I am glad to know I am in good company.

Mary