View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 11:28 AM
AFQSinc

Hang in there, Friend! I agree with everyone when they say it sounds like you need a little break. I've had many moments like this as well. My last one was with my quilting. I bought tons of stencils (at Joanns using coupons)with big dreams of the beautiful and innovative designs I would quilt. The first one was a disaster! So were many, many more. I spent more time ripping out stitches than I ever did doing the piecing.

I decided that I had enough and put them all in a bag to be sold. I did sell a couple to test if people would really want them. They did. Then winter came and I didn't do anymore sales

Then I had a short hiatus from quilting. When I came back I did some basic outline quilting and it went pretty well. I decided that I would try adesign in the border instead of just random squiggles. I bought another stencil (should have used something I already had but I wanted a little retail rush) and got to work. Night and day! I took my time and it came out great. Now I am so glad that I didn't get rid of my stencils. I can see so much more possiblity in them now. And I could never replace them for what I paid. Especially with money the way it is for us now.

Give yourself sometime to step away from everything. Especially now that Spring is trying to get here. I think you'll find yourself refreshed and renewed and so happy that you didn't give up your gear!

Peace!