Old 05-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Taffkat

After another lurker asked if anyone else lurks and hasn't posted any pix, I finally decided to plunge in! Here's to getting my feet wet!

Here's a few pix of the Scuba Diver quilt that I made for a friend. I collected embroidery designs for YEARS, had the fabric gathered, and then they came out with scuba diver fabric! Soo, I gave alot of thought and knew that I just HAD to put the divers on the back of the quilt instead of the tropical fish that I had intended.

This was truly my first quilt that I tackled from start to finish. My very first one was pillow squares that I purchased from Minnesota Fabrics and sewed them together. A no brain-er. But this one.... lotsa brain cells used for this one.

The background fabric was by "Blank" and was a water print. I don't know if you can see that clearly or not. I then stippled the square to add a little something extra in the exact same varigated thread. Then I embroidered the squares. I knew that I wanted to separate the squares with water fabric but it had to tie in and look right. I had this idea in my head as to what I wanted it to look like and I just hoped I could pull it off. This was and is my favorite to date and I don't dive. I even made a matching bag for the quilt with his initials and for a bonus, a matching fabric covered photo album for the underwater photos.

As a bonus because I came to love it so, I made me a scuba purse. Go figure!

Thanks for looking.

Kat

Front of quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]192900[/ATTACH]

Back of Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]192901[/ATTACH]

Top Left closer of quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]192902[/ATTACH]

Botton Left closer up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]192903[/ATTACH]

Matching photo album (opened)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]192906[/ATTACH]

top right closer up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]192932[/ATTACH]

Bottom right closer up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]192936[/ATTACH]

Matching quilt bag with initials
[ATTACH=CONFIG]192937[/ATTACH]

Matching purse for me!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]192938[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-192894.jpe   attachment-192895.jpe   attachment-192896.jpe   attachment-192897.jpe   attachment-192900.jpe  

attachment-192926.jpe   attachment-192930.jpe   attachment-192931.jpe   attachment-192932.jpe