View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 04:13 PM
suern3

I just want to say that your post came at just the right time for me. I'm working on a quilt for my daughter that I have been looking forward to putting together. I love the fabric and the pattern. The pattern involves lots of pinwheels made from blocks with several pieces in them. Once I started putting the blocks together in rows the pinwheels did not match up well at all. I have done similar points before that worked out much better. So I took the blocks to my LQS for help since I couldn't figure out what I had done wrong. Well, I didn't make consistent 1/4 inch seams and probably my cutting was off, too. Then I squared all the blocks down to 8 inches because the pattern said 8 inch finished sqares. Yikes! I feel so discouraged, I was thinking I should just give up this idea. This is only about my 4th quilt. I know I won't be perfect but I would like to be not this bad. But it does help to read all of these responses, even if they weren't directed to me. My husband is also very encouraging and I'm feeling more like I will just keep trying. I'm not worried about a show quilt or selling anything. And I do love the fabric. I guess I will just keep practicing. Anyway thanks for sharing your post.