Old 05-04-2011, 04:34 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by sewnserge
Hi Billy, and all! I have just added two new members to my sewing "family" -- Ellie and Adah... I'll attach pics here of Adah -- a Singer model 27 built in 1909, tredle machine. Billy - I need needles and belts for both machines. Can you give me an idea of where to look? The industrial machine has a leather belt. Also, is there a place to go and get a repair manual for either machine, and/or a diagram explaining all the parts, etc. I copied the info about how you clean up your machines, but am unsure of what the different "Plates" are -- I know the plate where the feed dogs is probably the needle plate... Sorry to be so uneducated!!

Also -- when you restore these machines, do the beautiful decals restore well, or do you need to replace them?? Mine are beautiful, but some parts have worn away. Is there a place to purchase new decals??
Sewnserge, what is the serial number on the machine you are calling a 27? Your machine has the bobbin winder where a Model 127 would be, a Model 27 has the bobbin winder down low, but that machine is not a Model 27 nor 127. I am really curious as to what Model it is? It has a tension disk on the face like a Model 15 and the stitch regulator is a slide like a 15, but I am not sure that is what it is either?

The industrial 31 is a really nice machine, they both will be beautiful when you get them cleaned up!

Just very curious -- the one you call the Model 27 is really pretty!

Nancy