Old 05-04-2011, 04:41 PM
purplefiend

Originally Posted by sewnserge
Hi Billy, and all! I have just added two new members to my sewing "family" -- Ellie and Adah... I'll attach pics here of Adah -- a Singer model 27 built in 1909, tredle machine. Billy - I need needles and belts for both machines. Can you give me an idea of where to look? The industrial machine has a leather belt. Also, is there a place to go and get a repair manual for either machine, and/or a diagram explaining all the parts, etc. I copied the info about how you clean up your machines, but am unsure of what the different "Plates" are -- I know the plate where the feed dogs is probably the needle plate... Sorry to be so uneducated!!

Also -- when you restore these machines, do the beautiful decals restore well, or do you need to replace them?? Mine are beautiful, but some parts have worn away. Is there a place to purchase new decals??
The machine in the first picture is a Singer 115, rather than a model 27. Most of the time we just clean the machines as best we can. The worn decals just show that
they have sewn lots fabric through the years. Sometimes the decals show up better after cleaning; others are very
fragile.