View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 05:46 PM
FroggyinTexas

I ordered four yards of fabric from WalMart's online store, two yards each of two different prints. The price was $3.97 a yard.
The fabric is supplied by Springs Creative Products Group, LLC. The company has a Website.

The fabric is certainly not the best I ever bought, but it is also by no means the worst. Although the thread count is probably not what I prefer, the fabric is well-printed and is soft to the touch. The surface finish is certainly not as soft to the hand as the Kaufmann fabric with which I compared it, but the Kaufman fabric cost 300 percent more.

I think the quality is comparable to a couple of well-known quilt shop fabrics that seem to me to have gone down hill over the last year.

The fabric is 100 percent cotton, colorfast (there are lots of bright colors) and I anticipate fussy cutting it for use in 12 or 14 inch blocks. I think the quilt I make from it will be around much longer than I will be and that someone will enjoy a quilt that does not represent a life-time investment in fabric, a characteristic that makes it easier to use every day.

My understanding is that when/if WalMart stores get fabric by the bolt again, much of it will be provided by Springs Creative Products Group, LLC. At least that's what I found on Springs Website.

As always, "when your mama says she loves you, check it out!" which is the first rule a good journalist learns and ought to be the first rule a consumer follows. Put simply, check this fabric out for yourself and see what you think.
I will certainly be glad to use it and don't believe anyone will know the difference once it is sewed into a quilt.
froggyintexas