View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 08:47 PM
moonwork42029

Originally Posted by btiny36
:( I'm really sad sad and disappointed in myself....I think to date, I have made 12 or 13 quilts... and I have to say that at this point I just want to quit, give up and rid myself of my stash, 2 new sewing machines and longarm...Really, I just can't seem to not struggle with every quilt I make, it's either cutting, measuring, sewing to assembling the top to borders...it's just plain everything...who knew that quilting would be so frickin hard...I'm soooo disappointed in myself...That wolf song quilt is kinda like the straw that broke the camels back....I'm tired of things not measuring properly and going to together right....OOOOOOOOOOOOH just fed up....My fiance said what will you do, I said I'm going to go out and get a job...currently I don't work outside of the home as we are farmers and I work at home....I'm sure some of you have experienced this, but I don't have anyone close to help me....my closest person is over 2hrs away.....So once I get this Wolf Song finished...I'm seriously looking to set up a paypal account and sell it all of....
Thanks for letting me vent.......
I gave away my stash once (yes everyone quit gasping). I gave it to my sister's church group....you never saw such a bunch of happy old ladies (late 80s & 90's) fighting over fabric. It was worth that alone.

I didn't want to sew and I didn't know how (still don't, just learning) how to quilt. My sons were grown so I didn't need to make them anything else....until the grand babies started coming.

Now they seem to "want" a quilt and I have found my self wanting to learn new things.

I saw some of your quilts and read part of your blog. I think you are amazing! Yes amazing. I can't believe the wonderful quilts you have done is such a short amount of time.

Being so far away from anyone that could help you is indeed a bummer. Could you do a webcam or skype for moral support?

I couldn't sell my machines (wish for a longarm...just no room for it). I worked too hard to get them and even if they just collected dust for years, they were still there. I wouldn't recommend selling them unless they are completely in the way and give you bad memories.

But.... again, your work is amazing. Please don't cut off your ear or something like that as a frustrated artist. (that was suppose to make you smile).

Life is too short to be unhappy....do what you need to do to be happy but remember...it's hard to undo things done in haste.