View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 09:15 PM
d.rickman

Originally Posted by quiltykitty
RE:BOBBIN WORK

Those of you who are doing the bobbin work on AOTH, how do you secure the threads on the back? The Razzle Dazzle is just to thick to do a "fix" on my D1. (Fix=knot) Besides, that would leave a big knot on the front. I've used a large eye needle to get the RD to the back and then did a square knot. Maybe I should used a dab of fabric glue to keep it from coming undone. Just thought I'd see what you all are doing.

I did the embroidery on blocks 14 and 15 before doing the applique. It goes fast, but definitely a learning curve. Last night and this morning, I've done some prep work. I traced all my blocks with the permanent marker. I cut out the rest of the blocks from the background fabric. Next, I plan to trace the pieces on my mylar template. I'm putting the block number on each piece and putting each block in it's own baggie.

I'm not making templates for each and every piece in a block. Some are the same piece and I will use that for all or until it doesn't hold it's shape. And some of those hearts and circles are the same size in several blocks.

Well, back to the workroom. Have a nice day.

EDITED because I couldn't get the bold to work. Way to complicated!
Hi Quilty Kitty,

Response to your question, I do a half hitch knot on the back, (pulling the thread up and then making a circle and putting the raggedy end of the thread thru the circle, put my scissors into the circle to hold it at the base, then pull up the thread)

If you google "how do I tie a half hitch knot", it will give you step by step instructions and pictures - this knot will not slip
Attached Thumbnails attachment-193067.jpe