Old 05-04-2011, 09:39 PM
luv2learn

Originally Posted by Kitzone
I was wondering if anyone recalls the post about 30 pages or so ago... where someone was having difficulty getting their feed dogs to advance the fabric? I think she had a Singer 66 Redeye? Does anyone know if she ever figured out what was wrong?

Judy
Judy, (sorry rambles so much!!)

Thanx so much for keeping my problem in your mental file system. . . you must have a mind like a steel trap! Yes, it was my Singer Redeye problems posted on page 867, (can you believe not just 30 pages back, but about ONE HUNDRED and thirty!!) I tried everything everyone here suggested with no luck yet. However, in re-reading the posts just now with your reminder to jog me, It looks like I never did post the photos showing the feed dog area that you were asking about. I got so discouraged about it, I told my husband I will just sit her on a shelf and look for another redhead with all working parts to put into the cabinet. But in reality I would love to eventually be able to gain enough knowledge to resolve the problem myself. He said, "I hate to see you not get her working after all the hours you have put into learning, disassembly, cleaning, reassembly, and adjustments....maybe it just needs a new part. (He has shared the interest with me and has been an active participant and encourager) My response was that "I can't even replace any parts until I can figure out the true problem" . . .

So I continue to read everything posted here in hopes of eventually seeing someone else's fix or helpful hint that may work. Actually, since my request for help, someone posted a link to info that I thought I archived, but it's not in my files and I haven't yet been able to relocate it through the search feature.. I can only remember bits and pieces because I just scanned through it at the time thinking I had saved it for further reference. I don't know who posted it but it had a lot of great info regarding things like: something to do with the presser bar regulator and the pressure foot lifter; . . . adjustments to the stitch regulator. I recall that there were photos pointing out things to check inside the back cover on the head; there was much more than I can recall, because I was just scanning it. There were several things that I thought might help in resolving my problem and there were lots of photos. I will eventually relocate it because I am re- reading all of the posts since that time in search of the info.

Thanx for keeping my issues in mind and I'm open to learning and trying anything that might help. In the meantime, I will keep my eyes open for a funtioning redhead and continue to learn from you and others on this board and all sites referred to. Brenda