View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 10:04 PM
Momsmurf

Originally Posted by Fab-ra-holic
Mine, you would never know he is sick. Heck, he was going to go to work when he thought he hurt his back, I insisted he get it checked out by the doctor and good thing I did. Turned out he had a collapsed lung, had to have surgery and was in the hospital for 2 weeks. Still, when he came home, no complaining.
You definitely have the diamond from the coal pile!
Most men are Whimps. I made sure that as I raised my 2 boys they would behave in a way that would make me proud...take responsibility, have consideration and not moan and groan. I made them learn to cook, do their laundry and keep things fairly clean.. all the while saying...."If I died tomorrow yuo would still need to eat and have clean clothes to wear...so learn!" They also saw how their father, the Master Moaner and Groner Whimpy, behaved... when he had a cold and learned not to do the same to their wives.

So now...the boys are fine and I tell their father that if he's that bad, get to the doctor or suffer in silence. (Ah, the doctor, that brings another complaint when he finally wants to get an appointment..."why can't he see me this morning!!!!" Say I = "Because he's not sitting around the office just waiting for YOU to call!"

The bad thing about blowing a common cold into a major terminal case is that when the real thing arrives...it's going to be a case of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf". I've saved my husband's life 3 times already..... and after having him nearly bleed out in my car when a femoral artery graft failed, I now know a great detailing shop if you need your car cleaned! :thumbup: