View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 04:35 AM
insgal62

I also think you're being too hard on yourself. I have severe neck & back pain and boy does that interfere with my ability to sew to the point where every project was stressing me out to the max. I was used to quilting all day every day and being in so much pain was just burning me out and making me not want to touch my machine. So my neck surgery is next week Thursday and followed by lower back surgery 6 to 8 weeks after that. So, if I just need to take a break until I physically feel better, I'm sure that my drive and desire for quilting will return. I've also had some pretty frustrating projects where I had to do lots of "ripies". Sometimes you do need to toss in a simple no brainer quilt that would just be fun to make and not add to your stress level. Don't give up though!!! You have many friends here who will help lift you up and see you through the bad times. And remember . . .that which does not kill us . . .makes us stronger!!! So it sounds like you have built a whole lot of character this year! Best of luck!