View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 04:51 AM
Happy Treadler

Just wanted to say how much I appreciate having this wonderful resource here. I made a BIG TIME boo-boo yesterday (well, I discovered it yesterday), and thought I could never fix it. What happened was I was in my sewing room and somehow a regular ball point pen got put next to my Frixion erasable pen, and I marked a table runner (first time trying feathers) with the wrong one. Wasn't until I had several hours of hand quilting done and tried to heat it with an iron to make it disappear when I found out it wasn't disappearing. Found the pen, and totally freaked out. :shock:

I came to the board and searched "How to remove ink" and found many suggestions of hairspray or rubbing alcohol. I chose the alcohol route, and sat for a LONG time last night with cotton ball after cotton ball, and to my astonishment it all came off!! Thankfully, it's a colorful floral pattern fabric and I think that really helped to hide it. I need to finish quilting it, then plan to hand-wash to get any wet stains from the alcohol out.

Just wanted to say thanks to all for submitting all your suggestions, and to the administrators of this board. I learn something new every day, and I really couldn't succeed at my quilting without it!

Blessings to you all,
Trina :mrgreen: