View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 10:43 AM
Carla P

I hope this gives everyone a good laugh!!

My DH & I bought our home 16 years ago, soon after we married. Everything we owned fit into the bed of a truck & a small trailer. I swore then I'd never move again, & have lived by that very adamently. Over the years we have managed to grow into that, once pitifully furnished, home quite well, filling it with furniture, children, and 16 years of living. Over the course of time I have managed to accumulate quite a stash of fabric, tools, battings, machines, and frames which have all lived in perfect harmony in my sewing room (which used to be 2 rooms- living room & dining room- but I took the wall down to have one great big room). Earlier in the year, I had to pack up each side of the room (one side at a time) to shift my belongings over to replace the floors. I thought that was way too much like moving and fussed for a month because I couldn't find anything. Well, about a month ago my DH & I got the oportunity to buy a fabulous house we have loved for years, from a friend of ours because he is being transferred to TX by his job. After 2 weeks of talking, my DH finally convinced me to move, which meant ours had to go on the market. This is when the REAL packing it up came in. :shock: :shock: I have never had to truely pack up my stash before, and I can honestly say I WILL NEVER MOVE AGAIN (after this one is finished)!!! :evil: I had no idea I have so many books & magazines on quilting, nor that I would need so many boxes for fabric!!! :oops: When I shifted it all (I thought "all") earlier in the year, I barely scratched the surface!!! :shock: :shock: The closets in that room were so full, when I pulled it all out into the middle of the floor it was waist deep (don't ask me how I got it all in there). :roll: :roll:

So now, all of our stuff is in storage and our home is, once again, minimally furnished.

I post this as a warning to all of you... beware of your stash!! :twisted: You may have to actually pack it up & move it one day!! :shock: :lol: (& then live without it for a while- that's what's killing me!!! :cry: :cry: )