View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 05:40 AM
clynns

I have learned that I like instant gratification. I want to see results, the sooner the better. I went through a period of 'discovery' myself. I found out that I bought 4 seam rippers. I keep on in the sewing machine, one on the bookcase (all quilt books), one by the longarm (and yes, I've had to rip out about 20 x 100 inches of quilting because when I change thread, I didn't check my bottom bobbin thread) which took me about 7 hours over 2 days, and I keep one in my purse. I don't worry about the quilt police, I only worry about what I can live with. I did a crazy quilt after a particularly bad time quilting. I went to my scrap bags, grabbed two hands full of fabric, ironed them and started with the first one that I pulled from a bag. I started adding them at all different directions. Wow, I'd finally found one thing that didn't matter if the seams matched or not. I didn't have to worry about star points, or bias edges. Then I pulled out my instruction book from my sewing machine and decorated all of the seams using designs from the book. I even bought some silk ribbon from JoAnns and made some fancy and some not so fancy knots.

It's all beautiful. You will learn more tomorrow than you know today. Change up what your doing for a little while. Give yourself time to step away, rest your brain and eyes and try something different. You've already got the fabric. Make a large fabric panel and then cut it out for a purse. What seems hard now, tomorrow the light may come on.

And keep reading this board. We will support you in whatever you decide. Cheryl