View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 06:05 AM
quiltinNsmilin

You've hit a wall, and that's pretty normal. Take a few days,
put everything down and walk away from it. You need an attitude adjustment. Maybe just lose yourself in a good book or paint something, or even bang a few nails. Nothing like some good hammer therapy to get out all the excess negative energy. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: After a few days off, begin fresh.

This sounds simplistic but a couple of basic questions: Do you have the appropriate 1/4 inch foot for your machine? Do you have a good clear plastic ruler for cutting? Do you have a good self-healing cutting board and finally do you have nice and sharp rotary cutting blades and the correct holder for them?

Go back to when you first learned to piece and quilt. Take your time, measure twice, cut once. Use the 1/4 inch foot while piecing. If your quilting is messy -make yourself some practice
sammies and play around with it. You have all the tools and I'm sure you have the talent. You just need to get the pressure out
and the fun back in. Most important, don't forget there are lots
of friends here on this board, who will offer helpful suggestions if you just ask. Take pictures of issues you're having. There are so many knowledgeable available who may be just the ones to
show you how to get past that challenge. I've been sewing and
making quilts for 20+ years (initially by the seat of my pants). I finally took my first lesson four years ago and it was an epiphany. I made nice things ( and gave everything away) but it
was always a struggle to have it go together correctly. Once
I learned a few basic techniques, it was like the sun coming out.
I'll be thinking of you and sending you lots of good, positive thoughts!