Thread: How old is old?
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 08:27 AM
Ramona Byrd

before just throwing wooden spools out i would make a couple phone calls to see if someone couldn't use it--just hate throwing away when so many organizations would appreciate the donation. groups of kids (and art teachers) get very creative with some of the stuff we just toss in the trash- and with all the budget cuts they look for the help of generous people[/quote]
-------------------------
Boy, are you right there! My daughter teaches second grade, and from what she told me of what the average teacher spends of their OWN money for supplies horrified me. And for Christmas, she and other teachers choose some of the poorest kids, went out and spent lots of their own money for coats and other clothing they knew the kids needed, and gave it to them "from Santa Claus". No child was told who it came from.
When she visited from Texas and discovered 2 rolls of white newsprint I had, she accepted them with thanks! I had bought them from the newspaper office for 3 and 4 dollars a left over roll. She was delighted to get this almost inexhaustible supply of drawing material.
Anything you have in quantity, do remember to ask school teachers (call the school office) and/or Scout troops and maybe even nursing homes.