View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Kappy

[quote=kwhite]Quilting is a journey not a destination. Enjoy the process.

Oh so true! I think picking out the colors is the most difficult, I agonize over it, I know that my LQS ladies are more than willing to help me, sometimes I like what they suggest, other times I wander the store aimelessly until I spot something I like. I am a very visual person, so I look at all the samples they have on their walls. Some use colors I would never use but if I just transfer them to the colors I like, it works well, if they use 6 colors I find 6 colors etc. I have seen quilts that look like something the dog threw up and then hanging right next to it, very same pattern, just different colors and I just love it. Quilting is such a personal experience! I love piecing the top, but then the borders are another subject. They can literally make or break your quilt. I suggest going to your local library and "looking" at quilt books that have lots of pictures, and all their quilt magazines for ideas. If you find something you like, you can photocopy it. The internet is great too.