View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Taffkat

Originally Posted by katiebear1
AGAIN I am stunned what some of therse beginning quilters acomplish (SP) I have been quilting for a year and a half and have made 16 quilts so far., many of these beginers first quilts far surpase anything I have done.
I think that we are our own worst critics as WE know where we made "errors" and therefore think less of our accomplshments.

I consider myself a "dumb" quilter. I'm too dumb to realize that I've bitten off more than I can handle. On the scuba quilt I made, I just knew in my head (and that can be a pretty noisy place at times with all the voices talking over each other!!!! :lol: ) how I wanted it to look. It was just a matter of "seeing" it clearly to make it happen. See, I also can't "read" patterns. I mean I can read, am literate, but when it comes to patterns, well, it might just have well been written in swaheli (or however you spell it!). I'm a "see-er". If I can see it, I can usually figure it out. My best friend is a seamstress and she know if she has to explain something to me, she had better be visual!!