View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 01:54 PM
SaraSewing

After a couple of newlywed moves, I moved into my home in Wyoming. It had a great sewing area. And lots of scraps and supplies, etc! Then when I decided I wanted to move from WY, from my home of 20+ years, I cleaned in earnest. I made 15 quick pieced quilts for a humanitarian relief charity project for our church, which used up lots of fabric that I didn't really like. I had planned on putting things into storage to fulfil my dream of being a traveling nurse. BUT, I met my fantastic husband and moved to Southern Utah to his house. It had NO storage. AFter a few months of sincere cleaning, remodeling, etc. I claimed 2/3 of the laundry room as my sewing area. It is a fantastic area with a couple of nice windows, great light, plenty of shelves. My main stash is in numerous plastic tubs on shelves on the lower level. But I have to agree that moving a set-up area is like loosing a best friend. (even though my new best friend is much muchly better!) It was the transition between two designated areas that was the worse! Sara