Old 05-06-2011, 05:14 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by kwendt
Quick Questions on SINGER 127s.....

Re: Singer 127 (full size, with ejector on the shuttle)...

Q1: Research shows they take 'long bobbins'. How 'long' are they? Can anyone measure one to tell me what it is? I have the bullet thingy, but I've never seen the bobbins... don't know how they go in the bullet, etc. Clueless. lol.

Q2: In purchasing additional/correct 127 'long' bobbins; can I buy NEW ones? Or is it like the old 66's where the machines are finicky and only work well or only will wind them... if they are the vintage/antique ones???

Billy... odd ball question: I've got TWO, full sized, 14" x 8" bed, 127's - but both are electrified (belted motors) and in SQUARE cloth top cases.

According to sewmacs, the full sized 127's were usually treadled. It was the 128s (3/4 sized machines) that were usually electrified, or cranked and in round (post box) wood cases. The S/N's on one is G0382989.
My 127 shuttle bobbin measures almost exactly 3 mm or 1 1/8"s. Are you sure your SN is right? The shuttle bobbins just drop in the shuttle and you thread it like any bobbin. I have not tried the new bobbins in my 127.

Nancy

Well, as you all can see I have been up since 4 am so I thought I'd try to answer some questions. One of our chihuahuas is having heart problems. He is getting weaker and having a hard time breathing so I have been trying to comfort him all night. It is very hard when you love these little guys so much!