View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 12:00 PM
motomom

Originally Posted by sonshine
mp speedy,
The reason for advising to do a print back is for beginner's. If the work isn't perfect, it doesn't matter as much. As you progress, you willl most likely prefer the solid backs. That is one thing I wish I had known when I first started. All of my learning mistakes showed on my first few. I did not know to start off with a patterned back for learning............But, I do love the look of the stitches to show now that I am better.
I guess it just depends on your skill levels.......LOL :)
Since this is my first quilt, and I knew I would have to go through the learning process to do it, I put that on a label that I cross-stitched and incorporated into the top corner block. It say clearly, "My First Quilt" then my name and stuff. My daughter (intended recipient) commented that she is so happy that I put that on there, so she can always claim to her siblings that OBVIOUSLY she was the most important child, as she got the first quilt!

Actually, I'm glad I put that label on there for me. It's like seeing my learning history in each stitch. You can see the progress.

I'm also getting faster, although I can see that the word "fast" is really relative when it comes to hand quilting!