View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 01:34 PM
quiltbugs

I've been reading this board for months & months, and I think it is the best quilting forum on the net. I have gotten so many helpful hints and inspiration from so many of you & decided to finally make it official & introduce myself. I wake up in the morning and first check my email, and secondly check this board to see what new inspiration I can find.

I live near Pittsburgh and have been quilting for about 20 years. My most recently (almost!) finished quilt is the Americana Sampler (Fons and Porter) and I just finished hand quilting it, but it is waiting for the binding. Ugh, bindings and I still don't get along too well.

I enjoy hand quilting, machine quilting, applique, and just about every aspect of quilting (except that darn binding). My very favorite part is the fabric shopping. :D I also enjoy doing sampler type quilts as I get bored doing the same block over and over.

I've got nine grandkids, three cats, one husband- - and one messy dining room since that is my temporary sewing room. I am off work for at least six weeks while recovering from surgery, so little by little my sewing stuff has migrated to the dining room so I can get at it easily. The house is unfit for company but I am a happy camper since I can sit here and sew instead of watching soap operas and Jerry Springer while I am recuperating.

I want to thank all of you for your hints and pictures of quilts and all the inspiration & ideas I have read here. I feel like I know you all already!