View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 10:31 AM
QuiltnCowgirl

"What to do with a sick hubby?"
Why - send him home to his mother for the duration, of course! LOL

Just kidding...my husband is like a lot of guys. Rarely if ever sick. Me - sick all the time. His famous question: "should I just fix myself something to eat?" What - like I don't want/need food too? lol

The best one yet was in January when he was having abdomen muscle pain (his description). Went to the doctor (wow!) and was diagnosed with possible hernia. Referred to see a surgeon a week or so later. About 3 days later I get a phone call from him asking me to stop at the store & get him exlax, prune juice etc. because he had really bad gas. Nothing helped and the next day he went to the doctor (again wow!). Was sent immediately to the hospital for a CT - diagnosis? Burst appendix & emergency surgery. He was in the hospital for 6 days.

His version of the story: My wife wouldn't take me to ER the night it got so bad.
Translation: I asked my wife - "should I go to ER"
Her reply - "it is your call" (because he hates "mothering" as he calls it - I call it being a concerned & caring wife)
His decision "I don't want to go sit in ER when all I have is gas"

Our mutual agreement as a result of this ordeal: He will now let me determine if he needs to go to emergency. :D