Old 05-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Miz Johnny

This is probably a no brainer, but did you try raising the needlebar to the highest point before putting the bobbin case in?
Hold the bobbin by the latch, put it in place over the stud, then push back until it sort of "snaps" into place.

I agree that this is the biggest negative with the 306/319. They are so big and heavy, and have to be tipped back in order to insert the bobbin. It's a PITA and in general a bad design. But they sew so well!!

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
Been trying to use my 306k and at this point, if I could lift it, I'd throw it out a window. I can't seem to get the bobbin case to 'snap' into the place where it's supposed to. That is one thing I really hate about this machine is how difficult it is to access the bobbin. Who the hell came up with the idea that we'd just love to man handle that heavy head to put a new bobbin in? I'm sure I have the right size bobbin because I've sewn with this machine before. Isn't it and L bobbin? any help is greatly appreciated because Carmen (it's name) is on thin ice right now.......