Old 05-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Weedwoman

[quote=Weedwoman]
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
This is probably a no brainer, but did you try raising the needlebar to the highest point before putting the bobbin case in?
Hold the bobbin by the latch, put it in place over the stud, then push back until it sort of "snaps" into place.

I agree that this is the biggest negative with the 306/319. They are so big and heavy, and have to be tipped back in order to insert the bobbin. It's a PITA and in general a bad design. But they sew so well!!

I've tried everything I know how to do. I can take the bobbin out of the case and it 'snaps', however, with filled bobbin in the case, no 'snap'. Maybe I need vintage L bobbins but the ones I'm using came with the machine but I guess that doesn't mean anything. Maybe the previous owner had fits with it also. Freaky though because I've sewn with it before w/same bobbins. I guess it's just my day to be frustrated. Maybe I should go sew on one of my other 25 machines, lol
Went through the bobbins I had for the 306k and I think only one of them were vintage, the other 4 seem 'fatter' and their thread holes are larger. Anyway, I put the vintage one back in and it did 'snap' and I was able to sew without breaking thread or cussing. I guess now my quest will be to find a few more vintage bobbins for it as I hate having only one bobbin for a machine. Anybody have any to sell?