Thread: Foolish old me
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 02:57 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Skeat
Originally Posted by Darlene
Skeat the kits were $12.50 and $13.50 and I thought that was pretty good.
I also got a pattern on clearance for $2.00 and another for $8.95 with 5 patterns in it. This is a very classy place and I could have stayed for hours but with DH waiting in the car I had to hurry.
Darlene
W/dh in the car had to make me chuckle:)we had to go about 45min to another town for the next stage of a spelling bee and dh made the mistake of telling me we were going to be too early...so we ended up at a quilt store on the way (one of my favs!)I shopped 'quick'! Ended up w/some goodies :)But, then thought...am I really addicted as they all sat in the car:))LOL Can't wait to see your creations! Don't we love those special stops...even for a moment:)Skeat
Now I'm laughing, bc yesterday I had a dr.'s appt. away from home, and had learned of a new quilting store, right? So I looked it up, online and called them, got directions, and scooted it right into our, after-appointment plans.
Yup, took hubby to a nice restaurant, got him all fed and satisfied, and we went and found store and I had a GOOD time. Was a little pricey for me, but so gorgeous in there, and the quilts hanging all over. When I got back in car, had to get out my paper and pen I always have with me, and jotted some 'new to me' ideas, I got for free in there, lol!
Hubby was very good, and I went as fast as I could and about the time he was getting restless, I was ready to go...best thing - the lady folded my fabrics and put them in an itty bitty bag, so it didn't look like I had spent so much :wink: