View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 05:05 AM
moreland

Originally Posted by bearisgray
This is a spin-off of the Speaking of Hats topic - - -

I remember in first and second grade wearing flesh colored long cotton knit stockings - I think we had some sort of kiddie garter belt to hold them up - I don't remember how they stayed up - they were thigh high.

I do remember nylons - and how hard it was to get the seam straight. And with those we had a garter belt. It was always a debate about whether to wear it over or under the underpants. I think "under" was the usual choice.

My DH kind of misses those days! :mrgreen: :oops: :lol:

I miss the body I had then.

I can still get into a pair of pantyhose - but, man, it's a struggle. One leg always twists and it's about four tries to get that right!
We must have grown up at about the same time. My sister and I wore an "over the shoulders harness-type thing that had garters hanging off it. My dad always helped us get dressed while Mother was finishing breakfast. At times, even he would get frustrated trying to get the thing straightened out so it would drop over our head and be right. Been through all the others too--hose with seams, panty hose, knee-hi's, which is all I wear now, since I'm almost always in slacks or a long skirt.