View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 06:28 AM
jnagy1206

I don't know anything about the Janome. But I did want to comment about getting better w/ a better machine. When I first started quilting about 3 years ago, I hadn't used a sewing machine for 15 years. I had an old Brother machine & it was fine for straight lines. But a quilting friend talked me into trying her quilting machine for a few weeks & after a week I was hooked. Sewing was more accurate, stressfree and became a lot of fun. I bought a machine, but was afraid to go too expensive. Still it was a step above what I had. Within a year, I was able to get my dream machine with embroidery module. I am amazed how I am enjoying quilting and quilt a lot of my own quilts. I even quilted a queen size once. (I won't do that again - I will take it to a LAQ) I feel extremely comfortable w/ up to twin size on my Bernina. I think you should test drive a machine before you buy. Just be aware that sales people make a living getting people to buy. Be strong. Enjoy the process of purchasing a new machine. It is an expensive proposition, but worth it.