Old 05-07-2011, 07:32 AM
2 Doods

Originally Posted by deb1851
Beautiful! I have been looking at that pattern too and wanted to try it. After seeing yours I now have it at the top of my to do list.
Oh I hope you do!

These are the fabrics that I used. I hunted all over for pink and white dotted fabric and this if the best I found around here. The rest were WoW and creams/golds. And I threw in a couple that have just a touch of glitter for a little glam.

So I am going to share a hint to help you avoid one of my Oops! Never having done a mitered border....I should have read up on that and done my math!

The border fabric I used is wider than the one in the magazine but I cut it the same length that the pattern used. It was not long enough. I should have paid better attention to those math teachers in high school. Who knew that you would actually use any of that stuff they were teaching?

I had to add a piece in a couple of corners to get them long enough to miter. I tried to match the flowers as best as I could and now that it is quilted, I think they blend in.

I have all these cut and ready to do another one-It will be for my Mom. She doesn't know, so Shhhh! Don't tell :lol:

Laurie~
I did not use the iron on. The squares are 2 1/2" and I chain pieced them. There are 400 of them in the center then added the borders. It confirms that I HAVE to find someplace to have a design wall. The little space behind the door is not enough.

Ready for another
[ATTACH=CONFIG]194156[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-194148.jpe   attachment-194149.jpe   attachment-194150.jpe