View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 02:48 PM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Dina
Oh, Feline Fanatic, I am way too new at quilting to create this border! I even had to go search to see what a bargello was...that is how new I am. Just creating this Trip around the World used up all my patience. :) It would be beautiful though. Maybe 5 or 6 years down the road....on my next Trip Around the World.
You did such a spectacular job on this quilt I never would have guessed you were new! I probably about gave you a siezure when you saw what a bargello was :lol: :lol:

In that case, yes a very simple border will do just fine. Your darkest turquoise will make the center sparkle. I am a big fan of inner and outer borders so I would do a narrow inner in the darkest turquoise (maybe 1" finished) and then I would audition the other colors for a slightly wider outer border 3" or so. But it may look spectacular with just the dark Turquoise. Lay a strip out next to the top to audition. Also remember, when you make a border you need to measure the center of your quilt and cut your border strip to that measurement. First attach opposing sides (I simply prefer to do sides first, you can do top and bottom first if that is your preference). Then once attached measure quilt again, again from the center and cut the remaining borders to that measurement.
When I attach a border I like to match up my ends and pin then pin in the center then place pins periodically along edge to ease in any fullness. I am sure it will be lovely once all done.