View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 03:17 PM
BrendaY

Originally Posted by calano1
(Edited)
Oh dear .... so many misunderstandings ...!!

I did not elaborate in the OP, because I did not think it was needed.
I did indicate that after I gave my FDIL the sewing machine, she sewed little projects on her own initiative.
I neglected to say that we have gone shopping for fabric twice, and that she often indicates that she likes sewing.

But because she is a shy and timid girl, I am quite careful of dominating her into doing what I suggest ...
Besides, my son is quite protective of her .... so he won't stand for it ... :lol:

This whole thread shows how we each interpret what is said/read so differently! My gosh! If folks could respond from a gentler/loving perspective life could be so beautiful and easy.. Bless your heart for reaching out to what, I'm sure! you thought were kindhearted ladies. At my ripe old age, I see less and less kindness and so much anger and lashing out. I know that all you want is for your DIL to know you and love you, and I'll just bet she already does!

If you have read the message with an open mind, you would have noticed I said that:
I have been pondering this issue for more than a year ...
AND
I DON'T want to push it ....

I did not think every little detail of our relationship was needed to be known in order for anyone to give me some QUILTING advice ... which is why I posted in Main and not chit-chat.

I was quite flabbergasted when I read some of the posts, but I immediately recognised that these people had some bad experiences and was just trying to warn me.

So ... I am sorry for those of you who have/had trouble with your MIL, but please ... do not jump to conclusions ... not everyone is like your MIL ...
In fact ... contrary to popular belief, some MIL's are quite nice ... :)

Thankfully there were some who understood without having to know all the nitty gritty details.

And THAT is what makes the QB so great!!!

I am writing this one off as good experience ...

Be warned ...

In future my posts will be so elaborate, it may take ages to read!!!!! :):):):)