Thread: Missing Mom
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 04:00 PM
QuiltingGrannie
Banned

To all the mothers on the board - Happy Mother's Day.

There are a few times a year I really get to missing my mom and Mother's day is one of them. She has been gone for 21 years already.
She has missed so much of my life. I was only 33 when she died, in the midst of starting a new life. She knew and loved the man in my life, but never saw us get married. My kids were blessed in having spent a couple of weeks for a few summers with her until she was too ill to handle them. I am grateful for that.

We moved to TN after she passed, so she never saw our home here.
She never got to see that I became a quilter and that a lot of what she taught me about sewing I use today, and really appreciate her teaching me to sew.
She never got to see my kids as married people. Never met my grandkids.

But, she will always be with me in my heart. I am not be able to call her or go visit her. I wonder if she knows how often I 'talk' to her.

And it is at the times that I miss her and want to talk to her and ask her things that I realize.... I'm THE mom now!
And then I begin to wonder how will my kids remember me and feel about me when I am no longer here for them?

Happy Mother's Day Mom! Thank you for all that you were to me and to so many other people who loved you. We miss you and love you.

My Mom around the year that she married Daddy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]194330[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-194324.jpe