View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 04:22 PM
Quilter7x

Originally Posted by candi
Yuck mice...I am an animal lover but mice/rats, roaches and lizards are never welcome in my house...yuck...when we lived on Maui, my husband caught three mice in our condo on summer:shock: I still have nightmares about that :cry:

On a much more pleasant note, I just purchased a 10x12'' light box from JoAnns, regular price was $43, my 40% coupon took $20 off...I am a happy camper.Oh, and the light box is "Made in the USA" :thumbup: I also purchased some gold metallic DMC thread for the embroidery..I am going to give the bobbin work a try and see what I can do with that. I have two blocks done minus the embroidery and then two are cut and ready to be turned under and stitched..it seems to me that if I decided to use bobbin work it will be easier on some blocks to do it before the applique, so I am going to check into that before I proceed.

Thanks all for starting this, I would never have had the courage to start something like that on my own..mainly because I am a finisher and don't like UFOs and this is a time consuming and hard project, but watching you all is very encouraging.
Candi, they are beautiful blocks, naked or not!

I had no idea JoAnn's sold light boxes, but that's pretty good!