Old 05-07-2011, 05:04 PM
himnherr

When I was 8 years old my mom taught me to embroider and sew. I made my first dress (with lots of help from her) and my first 3 baby blankets using Aunt Martha's transfers. We both embroidered squares and she sewed them into quilts for my 3 oldest cousins and their first babies. I have very fond memories of those times spent sewing with my mom. Come on down 44 years and we are at it again. I wanted to do a project with her again, so we went on a hunt for embroidery patterns we could do by hand. We decided on Denim Dan. We kinda fudged by naming the quilt after the baby it is for "Denim Daxon". We chose the main fabric because it reminded us of stamped concrete, which is the business the parents own. We looked for mixer trucks, etc. but just couldn't find what we were looking for, so went with this tile/concrete look. I think it totally suits it. I'm happy with the way it turned out- in the look of it, quality of it, but most of all of the fun my mom & I had in doing it together. BTW- the back and binding is all flannel.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-194342.jpe   attachment-194343.jpe   attachment-194344.jpe