Old 05-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by Honchey
Hi Billy, I went to pick up the second machine ( Singer 15) and I have to wait a few more days--it's still buried under a heap of stuff in the store and when I went back to my car there was a Singer 403A sitting as cute as a button on the front seat. She looks pretty good for only $15. I need to get some grease?for the gears or can I use something else. I haven't plugged her in yet. The handwheel when turning about 3/4 of the way sort of makes a grunting not smooth cycle.. After cleaning her up she needs oiling and grease...that's why I need the grease. Where can I get it and what is it's proper name. Can you help with this info? Photos will be posted tomorrow. She was in a cabinet but when I lifted the top the inside was all plywood and had to be unscrewed to lift the machine up..so I trashed the cabinet. Anne
TriFlow is what I use if I do not have any Singer brand grease. You can find it at NAPA and if not there SewingPartsOnline has it. Once you get some grease on the gears and oil in her she should be good as new!!

You have a knack at finding all of the good deals you know that? Oh and the 99 that you gave me is now a handcrank and sews like a dream!!! Everyone that sees it always tries to beat me out of it but its going nowhere!

Billy