View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Pieceful Quilter

This might be a little long, so I apologize in advance!

A few weeks ago I posted about how my husband has been out of work, and I was tickled when I got an unexpected sale price on a fabric I needed to finish a project. Well, the next day along came a PM from a dear woman on the "other coast". She wanted to send me some of her abundant scraps and said it was her way of paying it forward to honor God. I was floored and at first did not want to accept. After enjoying all the "fat" years when I have been able to give, it is very hard to be on the other end - receiving.

She quietly insisted, so I told her I would appreciate fabric so I could sew my customary quilt for the military vets my school honors each year at Christmas. This sweet woman, who wishes to remain anonymous, not only ordered me several yards of NEW patriotic fabrics, she also sent a three pound box of leftovers from her projects!

Since then we have become distant (3000 miles apart) quilting board friends! I am blessed to tears. So, even though Matthew's Gramma has asked not to have her name mentioned here, she knows who she is, and that I appreciate her very much.

I have attached pictures of the patriotic fabric, plus the yellow I am thinking of adding to make a nice simple log cabin - maybe with a star in the center? If anyone has any other ideas for how to use this fabric, please let me hear them.

Good nite, Matthew's Gramma, and God Bless. I'll talk to you soon. Hope your garden flourishes this spring!

New Patriotic Fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]194468[/ATTACH]

Close up of Fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]194469[/ATTACH]

Fabric With Yellow Added
[ATTACH=CONFIG]194470[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-194462.jpe   attachment-194463.jpe   attachment-194464.jpe