Old 05-07-2011, 08:36 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
I had intended to just find some large paper on a roll for my templates. Left with a roll of butchers paper,
-------------------------------
Would clean newspaper rolls work here? I get mine from our local newspaper office, where they have each night's end rolls for sale for about 4 to 5 dollars. My second grade school teacher daughter loves them and takes home as many as she can get during her visit here.
I would think newspaper would be thin enough to trace on. But my only concern would be newpaper is...well...thin. I think you would have to be extra careful to make sure it doesn't tear.

The images I want to recreate were enlarged, printed on several pieces of paper, and tapes together. The images were small to begin with so the line art got pixely. I really wanted the wide paper to trace the design onto and create a master layout with cleaner, more even linework. I had orginally got that brown craft paper only to find it was way too thick. So I was happy when I found the butchers paper. I ripped off a tiny portion of it and it looks like its thin enough to see the image underneath.