View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 09:06 PM
Afton

Peaceful Quilter,

I am so happy for you! I had a similar experience here on the board! I asked for some floral scrap donations to make a quilt for my mother, who has been in and out of the hospital and in some bad shape.

I'm in a fairly new career and don't make enough to do much more than pay the essentials, and my sister/ roommate was recently laid off, so I have a 0 dollar quilting budget right now, and I'm a new quilter so I didn't have a "stash."

It was hard to ask for help, but I got so much more help than I thought possible! Over 25 wonderful quilters from this board were blessings to me and sent me more fabric than I had ever hoped for! I had to clean out 2 drawers in my dresser to hold it all. I now have enough for a quilt for my mom, and enough for a couple lap quilts that I plan to make and donate to the VA. I got yards of fabric, some obviously new and matched, of fabulous quality, and all of it evoked so so much joy!

One quilter even sent me a 50 dollar gift certificate! I have been humbled to tears more than once by my experience, and have been reminded again of the strength and beauty of fellow man.

I am blessed just to hear about your wonderful experience.

God bless, and happy mothers day!