View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 10:01 PM
Janis

Brazilian Embroidery is done with rayon thread, which is shiny and done with 3 dimensional stitches. It is much prettier in person than is shown on the net. Of course I'm just learning the stitches and have a way to go before mine look great. There are places on the net where you can order thread, as well as the LQS I go to. I was very fortunate to have a friend offer me her mother's thread. She told me about it and asked if I'd like it. I looked on the net to see what she was talking about and told her that I'd have to think about it. Then my LQS offered classes, and I said YES! I have some of the Varicor thread from Brazil that is no longer made, as well as EdMar thread that still is made in the US. Now I want some of the older books that show how to do the embroidery and also some free patterns. I haven't found very many free patterns on the net so far, and am hesitant to use some of the copyrighted ones without buying them. I don't have any pictures of what I've done, and can't post them anyway. I have that very slow dial-up that doesn't let me do it, sorry.