Thread: Missing Mom
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 03:25 AM
Edie

My Mom is still here - thank God. She is almost 95 years old. I thought she was old when she was 72 and I caught up to her!!!! It is strange being 72 and talk about my mother like she is younger than I am! Mom still has all her marbles and I must tell you what she said to me Friday. I grocery shop for her on Friday and bring her groceries to her and sit and have a cup of coffee with her. Well, many of you know that I was on the Quilting Board Weight Loss challenge and did lose a nice piece of weight. Well, she looked at me and said "Edie, you look like you have a pants full." My be-hind had gotten smaller (exercising and walking) and my slacks were hanging on me! I did take that as a compliment!!!!

It is a joy to listen to stories of days gone by, which really weren't that long ago!

And one more thing. I truly believe that your Mom or my Dad knows what we are doing and how we are feeling and are pretty darn proud of us!!!!!! Happy Mother's Day, Mom, from your daughter with a pants full! Edie