Old 05-08-2011, 07:12 AM
BonniFeltz

Originally Posted by sgardner
Originally Posted by mirabelle
WOW !!!!!!! now who didn't like coloring in when they were a kid

I know, right? On Muslin, she used "plain old colored pencils"- the kinds you buy at Walmart- and fabric medium. Muslin is a cheaper fabric, the colored pencils will be on sale in a month or two for back to school sales, and my bottle of fabric medium has lasted me forever. Anyone can do this!!!

But, seriously, at the show they had patterns that were already quilted for the outline ready for people to purchase, for those that felt that they couldn't quilt their own outside border to color in.

The Satin projects she said the colored pencils didn't work, but she used the Shiva Paint sticks.

I've had success with any watercolor pencils and fabric medium, but my work isn't anywhere near this level. I'm just a baby trying his first word, while Irena is a world class poet!
See what you can do with color pencils Shelley? Aren't you glad that I introduced you to faux applique? Of course this is waaaaaay beyong the basics and beginning.

FYI - I have washed my mug rug that I used regular color pencils on topped with fabric medium and the colors have stayed true.