Old 05-08-2011, 09:06 AM
cannyquilter

Hi to all,

thanks so much for suggestions I finally decided on one using half square triangles, someone suggested that it looked like sailboats, but I could not picture how that would work. Anyway at my quilting class on Friday one of the other ladies had an old quilting magazine in to show us and on one of the pages was a quilt that someone had made using half square triangles and rectangles so I had a look at the block and mocked up a 12 inch finished block. I decided to alternate the blocks with a 12 plain block. I am making a 5 x 6 block quilt but have not decided on whether to put a border on or just bind it. So far I have completed 2 blocks cut out 5 plain blocks and hopefully today will complete another 3 blocks. Obviously I overestimated my speed in cutting and sewing so no way will I finish it this weekend but am hoping to get the top done this weekend and quilt it next. I will post a picture of the blocks and/or completed quilt if my son comes to visit cos I don't know how to get pictures onto my computer!

Thanks again to everyone for taking an interest and making suggestions Eileen