Thread: Best Laid Plans
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 02:15 PM
gemmyfrog

or Binding, Binding, Blah!!!

I'm working on a quilt to give away to a little girl whose family is going to England for 3 years. As soon as it's finished, I plan to start one for her brother. So I had plans on finishing it early Saturday.

Saturday schedule - wake up and start the binding on the front, my Sister is going to sew the back and I'm done. Do happy dance, go to Garage Sales around area. Get congrates and koodoes from family of job well done. Perfect.

Reality - get up at 7, start putting binding on front, pin all the way around, making beautiful corners.
After 1 1/2 side, look at it and the back looks all wrinkled. Stop and take all the stitches out and decide I need to put binding on the back.

Restart: Do the first side, and GOT TO TAKE all THE PINS OUT. The material is gathering up and moving on me. Okay, I can do that as I go along. Corners not as pretty, but I'll fix in the final hand sewing.

Finish (finally), look at it, and the back looks almost okay, but the front looks gathered. Will it come out when I quilt aroung it? Decide yes, and give to Sister to sew.

Sister sews 1 1/2 sides and we look at it. Bunches of what do you thinks? Is it okay? Like it? Finally decide, NO - take it out. Take ALL the binding off. Going to hand sew on both sides.

Sunday - hand sewing front, then will give to sister to finish the front. Pretty, but what a pain in the tush! Will post pictures when finished.