Old 05-08-2011, 04:05 PM
Airwick156

Originally Posted by Hen3rietta
Anybody have any good methods of ridding Featherweight cases of mildew. There isn't a lot, but I can see some spores. I've left it out in the sun for the moment. I saw somewhere else here that it was recommended to wipe out interior with 1/2 bleach 1/2 water, but I would think the bleach would ruin the fabric lining.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated. :)
When our van broke down right after we moved over to the Oregon coast and bought our house, The back door on the van had not been totally closed and we didn't know it. And since it seemed to rain over there all the time, rain and moisture had gotten inside that door and the red carpeting inside half the length of the van was MAJORLY MAJORLY moldy and mildewed even up the side of the one wall. I called EVERYWHERE to find out how to get rid of it. And this is what we were told by a car lot that does detail work... Try to dry it out if you can first and then Get a spray bottle and fill it 1/2 way up with regular old rubbing alcohol and the other half of water and go and spray everywhere on the carpet that has the mold and mildew. Wear face mask, and brush it off and then spray it again Let it dry and repeat if needed. This particular car dealer I called says that is what they do to all the cars and trucks that have mold or mildew in them.
We had mold growing inside one of our closets at the top of the stairs right next to our front door that we rarely even open and one day my husband was in there and saw the whole right side and half of the back wall in it moldy...yelled to me to get the mold spray and I did and sprayed it and wiped the walls down and to this day have never had anymore mold in there nor is there any in the van that we are still driving and this was back in 2003. So give it a try...it can't hurt and you can buy the alcohol at the dollar store.