Old 05-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Jennalyn

I've been working on a quilt for my best friend (one of two 'best' friends) since last October. It's technically the first quilt I started and it's a queen-sized Duck Foot/Bear Paw design. I took a class at my LQS that got us started and I haven't touched it in a few months.

On Saturday, a friend of a friend invited us to his workshop to work on our respective crafts. My friend sewed some gloves, our mutual friend tinkered with his mechanical box, and the owner of the space continued construction of a massive display chest for his wares at a convention later this month.

I decided to bring my friend's quit to work on! Now that I have my Featherweight, Miss Anise, I can just take her anywhere and get to sewing. I probably did more ironing than sewing at the time, having underestimated my progress on the project, but it was a lot of fun. The only level work surface was on top of the table saw! Getting everything set up was entertaining, let me tell you.

Good thing I tend to be organized in my projects by nature!

I thought it was a pretty cool shot with their booze and explosives shelf behind it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]194799[/ATTACH]

The featherweight travels anywhere! It also pieces like a dream.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]194800[/ATTACH]

The selection of fabrics for the quilt, minus two and the background color. A very warm, earthy, autumn palette!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]194801[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-194793.jpe   attachment-194794.jpe   attachment-194795.jpe