Old 05-08-2011, 09:14 PM
thebossbab

I've been working on my 1st quilt for a while now and I'm almost to the point of making the sandwich. I really don't have any experience at quilting but I'm very happy to learn (I do know how to sew). I'm not afraid to try things and learn along the way. So I wanted to make a baby quilt for a friend who just had a baby. I have the front done, which is (7) 5" squares across and (9) 5" squares down with a 5" border. My back is one whole piece for the 7x9 area also with a 5" border (which I allowed extra for because that is what I've read here on this board and elsewhere). I plan to try doing stitch in the ditch. I plan to spray baste the sandwich together. My question is this...how do I align the seams of the border fabric (only seams on back side) to the front? So many thoughts have passed through my head on this but I need advice from those that have more experience than me. I hope I have explained this well. I love being on the QB and everyone is kind and friendly. Thanks for your help in advance! I'll post a picture when I'm done. :-)